Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Oh...No...You...Didn't! -Why it's dangerous to take certain Texans to Safeway

Okay...so here's the scene: A certain Texan says to meet him at the store because he wants to take the B-dog for a ride (and give me some of his hard earned cash for groceries...his, not the dog's). I circle the parking lot a few times waiting to see if he'll arrive and having some self-doubt...did he say he was going to Fry's? I spot him at the entrance side of the parking lot and put my blinker on to pull in and park behind him. Now, here's where it gets REALLY good...picture a 17 or 18 year old kid, zit-faced, new on the job, picking up carts in the parking lot. He has the misfortune of attempting to pick up the carts between "the man" and my car. The Texan gets to yelling angrily, "Hey lady! Watch where you're driving! Can't you see he's trying to pick up the carts! Crazy driver!" and the poor kid gets a priceless look on his face...It says, "Oh my gosh...road rage! He's about to go off on that poor lady!" I think, if he'd had a full bowel, he would've shat himself. I give the kid a "Don't worry, he does this ALL the time!" look but he beats it outta there as fast as he can. I yell at the Texan to be nice...it only eggs him on, you know. The man says, "I wonder what the kid'll say when he sees us in the store together?" I could've predicted the poor guy's response...as soon as he saw us approach the check-out stand, he disappeared. Believe me, I looked for him because I wanted to tell him he had fallen victim to a particularly ornery Texan. Lord, I love my Texan!

2 comments:

  1. I miss that Texan! and I miss you! Loved this story - I shared it with David too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh,Dear Lord. You gotta love that Texan's sense of humor...poor kid. Maybe next time. I can't stop giggling....

    ReplyDelete